Sarah has been coming to SWAT for years and is part of the "morning crew." She works really hard in the classes she takes, and I'd never be able to tell she just had a baby about a year ago!
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am happily married to my husband Paul, we have a 13-month-old little girl named Naomi and a 5-year-old pup named Baxter. I am a Cost Accountant for Parker Hannifin at the Aerospace division in Kalamazoo. I love to spend time with family & friends, travel, cook, ice skate and anything outdoors.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
On a good week:
M-5:30 1/2 hour RPM, 6 a.m. Body pump
T-Body Attack
W-5:30 1/2 hour RPM, 6 a.m. Body Pump/CXWORX
Th-Rest or 30 minutes on the elliptical
F-5:30 1/2 hour RPM, 6 a.m. Body pump
Sa-30 minute run or elliptical. Sometimes I do Marta’s HIIT class (It kills me but I love it!!)
Su-rest
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I usually snack on Luna bars or banana with peanut butter. In the summer we love to grill chicken or turkey burgers and we always include a veggie and rice/potato. I usually grill some chicken breasts and make taco meat (ground turkey) on Sundays so we have healthy options for quick lunches or dinners during the week.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
I work out first thing in the morning before I go to work and even on my days off. If I can’t get in my normal workout due to work or other commitments, I try to sneak in a 15-minute walk at lunch or at night.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I LOVE to work out, but the most important thing to me is to stay healthy and be a good role model for my daughter and husband. After losing my dad (54) last year and my uncle (34) 3 months later of heart disease, it reaffirmed to me that exercise and eating well is not a choice for me, it is my lifestyle. I’m not always perfect and I fall off the path, but the next day I get back on and try again.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I LOVE the Les Mills classes. All the classes are fun and challenge your body in a different way.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
This is a hard question for me, but I would have to say that Body Pump is my favorite. I have been lifting weights for years, but Body Pump challenges me both physically and mentally. The group atmosphere pushes me to lift more and have fun at the same time.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
My friend Beth (whom you will see me chatting with at SWAT) encouraged me during my pregnancy and after. It is fun to have someone keep you motivated, work towards the same goals and bounce cooking/exercise tips off each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment