Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FEATURED MEMBER: Michelle

Michelle is a very active member of SWAT - I run into her at the gym often!  She lifts really heavy weights in Pump, where she always stands in the front row.  She often does "double headers," taking Combat then Pump, for example.


Tell us a little about yourself.
I work as a Manager for McDonald’s, worked there for almost 17 years, 14 of those in management.  I am single, live in a house I bought about 3 years ago.  Hobbies include gardening and working on my house, shopping, watching movies.  It is best when I get to share these with my family and friends.

What is your usual weekly workout routine?
The day(s) off vary according to my work schedule; I usually go 6 days a week:  Monday –RPM and Yoga, Tuesday-Body Combat and Pump, Wednesday- Body Attack, Thursday-Body Pump and Combat, Friday-Body Combat, Saturday-Body Pump or Pilates and RPM or Combat and Sunday-Body Flow and Combat.

What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I like the Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and Smart Ones frozen meals, I always have Luna or Zone protein bars on me, peanut butter crackers or mixed nuts.  Lately I have also been eating more carrots with hummus and fresh fruit like grapes, apples and bananas.

How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
Being active has given me more energy and improved my health which allows me to accomplish more than I did before I joined SWAT fitness.

What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
To eat a healthier and more balanced diet with more fruits and vegetables, and when I decide to eat something less healthy to stay in control and not over-indulge.

What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I love the group fitness classes.  Instructors and fellow members make exercise more enjoyable which allows me to push myself harder for longer than I ever would alone.

What is your favorite class at SWAT?  Why?
Body Combat, because it is such an empowering workout, the instructors are great, and you work your entire body, especially your core.  I always feel the strongest after this class.

Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration?  Who and why?

No one in particular, I have learned a lot from many of the group fitness instructors and members at the gym.  There is a lot of knowledge to gain from others around you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment