I am a stay-at-home Mom of three kids under the age of six, which keeps me very busy. We have a family business that my husband owns and operates called Penn Station East Coast Subs. We have three locations in Kalamazoo and one in Grand Rapids. I enjoy spending time with my family, running, working out, and hanging with friends.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
M: 9:15 Combat
T: 9:15 Pump (or weights and cardio on own)
W: 9:15 Attack
Th: 9:15 Pump (or weights and cardio on own)
F: 9:15 Step (or weights and cardio on own)
Sa: 7:00 H.I.I.T - my new fave that took place of Step
Su: off
(Sometimes I take off another day in the week it just all depends on our schedule or if my kids get sick)
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
Snacks: cheese stick, yogurt, fresh fruit
Meals: I try to eat healthy but mostly I do portion control. I don’t buy low fat or fat free of hardly anything I just eat less of a portion of the real stuff. I find that more enjoyable. We grill out often with baked potatoes and have fresh veggies.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
Honestly, one way is I have a very reliable workout partner, Bobbi Jo. So on those days I don’t feel like I can make it she drags me, and I do the same to her in return. Also, we usually talk at least the day before and make a plan for when we will work out.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I try to work out at least 5 days a week at the gym. I am one of those people who enjoys working out, weird I know. I am also trying to set a good example for my kids to live healthy lifestyles.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I love the LES MILLS classes. I think that they are very challenging and, most of all, fun!
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
I love ATTACK. Every time I take Attack, I feel challenged in one way or another. I love that I walk out of that class dripping sweat! I also LOVE the H.I.I.T class that Marta teaches on Saturday morning! It is very challenging but only 45 minutes! I would recommend that class to everyone who is up for a different challenge once a week.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I guess there is inspiration all around the gym of people who are working hard and achieving goals daily. I think sometimes just walking around the gym is very inspiring!
No comments:
Post a Comment