Monday, June 3, 2013

A Little Monday Morning Fun

I really enjoyed my HIIT class on Monday and Thursday mornings, but I dropped the ball on signing up for this session, and the class was full when I tried to join.  Bummer.  I didn't want to replace the rigor of HIIT with something like the elliptical machine, but I'm also not great at kicking my own butt. 

Luckily, in the locker room yesterday, Emma happened to mention a workout that she and Megan have been doing (and if you know either of them, that should be enough to scare you - they are both hard core and super fit!).  So, I tried it this morning, and it turned out to be a great substitute for HIIT class.  Emma said it takes her and Megan just under half an hour; it took me 38 minutes (so that's my goal to beat the next time I try it!).  Emma says to move quickly from one exercise to the next without stopping, but since I felt like I was going to puke a couple times, I definitely had to rest occasionally.  Here it is:

100 jump ropes
60 box jumps (smallest box)
50 ten-pound medicine ball throws (squat down and throw ball over your head)
40 elbow to opposite knee (like a standing cross crawl)
30 burpees
20 leg presses (ninety lbs)
10 pushups
1 mile run on the treadmill
10 pushups
20 leg presses
30 burpees
40 elbow to opposite knee
50 ten-pound medicine ball throws
60 box jumps
100 jump ropes

No comments:

Post a Comment