In my most recent blog, I lamented how I felt incompetent during H.I.I.T. class and wondered how I could increase my fitness level enough to make it through the class without feeling like I was going to collapse or vomit.
But maybe, just maybe, I'm already starting to make some fitness gains. I went to the 6:30 pm Attack class last night, taught by Barb. She did release 81, which was the one that was launched this summer (remember that, when we were doing Attack outside in 85 degree heat?). That is one of the most difficult releases ever. The two peak tracks, 4, and 9, are both designed like H.I.I.T. workouts: short rounds with super intense moves (burpees into tuck jumps in track 4; 60 tuck jumps total, followed by jacks and high knees, in track 9).
This summer, I came to dread release 81, but last night, I felt like it was the best I've ever done on that release! I didn't skip a single tuck jump, burpee, or plyo lunge, and I did (most of) the jacks in track 9. It felt great!!!
Class was running behind by about 13 minutes, so I had to leave right after track 9 to get the kids to bed. I was still panting when I got down to Kidz Kove, and I really wish I'd taken at least a couple minutes to cool down so I didn't have to fight the urge to puke the whole drive home. Despite that, though, I felt happy and successful!
No comments:
Post a Comment