Sunday, March 11, 2012

A challenge for the SWAT Community

So, SWAT members, I think some people are reading this (I'm guessing by the numbers on the stats available to me), but I'd love more interaction.  How about this: in the comments below, post a small goal for the week.  I'm going to keep up with my calorie tracking, water drinking, and tricep pushup goals, but I want to add one more.  This week, I'm going to do more core work: at least three days when I focus on the core. If anyone wants to meet up with me at the gym to do some core work, I'd love that! 

What's your goal for this week?

21 comments:

  1. My goal is to drink more water this week. Torrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really struggle with the treadmill. I run because I need it as part of my cardio routine, not because I want to be a runner. While i have no problem with motivation for any other part of my routine, it's always running that seems so foreboding. I know I have to do it, so my goal is going to be to do it even when I don't want to, and push myself to run as much as I can, not just as much as I feel like. :)

    I have incorporated a lot of core work into the first part of my work out. I'd meet up with you, but I think our schedules are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, the dreadmill. What if you did some intervals so it's not so boring? And maybe next Sunday, if I'm back into Attack/Pump, we could meet up after that for some core work?

      Delete
    2. I do often have to do some high incline/fast walking intervals to break it up. But then I find I'm relying on those instead of running as much as I probably could. :)

      That would work. Let me know a day before so I can ask the husband if I can just leave the kids with him and not have to keep a schedule. I think I missed Asa today. We ran a few minutes late and then I didn't see him later. I can send you a pic, if you want!

      Delete
    3. Sending a pic would be awesome! juliamagnolia78@gmail.com is probably the best option. Asa didn't take the kids with him today, so he didn't go into Kids Kove.

      Delete
  3. Goal this week, get my weekly mileage back in gear! Last week the flu basically trumped my routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're feeling better!!! So, how many miles this week? I'm guessing 9,340,261.

      Delete
  4. When I was deployed I ran about 700 miles on the "dreadmill" ;) you can actually google ideas for keeping it interesting but my favorite thing relates to playlists. Figure out how long you're going to run and create a few playlists to switch between throughout the week, month, etc. Intervals based on songs can be fun, run hard on the chorus, easy for the rest. Also getting outside can keep running interesting. Feeling the sun or the breeze. Signing up for a 5k, 10k, MARATHON! Can be a great way to stay motivated as well! Happy running!

    My goal is to incorporate yoga back into my routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - playlists make all the difference! (Unfortunately, I left my iPod on an elliptical machine a couple weeks ago and it was never found. Boo!) There are lots of great lists on iTunes of great songs for running!!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy reading this and hope to pick you out at the gym sometime.

    My goal this week would have been 3 Flow classes and some treadmill/bike time but I've got the crud. Think I'll steal that water drinking goal instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Maybe the super awesome weather on Wednesday will speed your recovery! Good luck with the water goal!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy reading this and hope to pick you out at the gym sometime.

    My goal this week would have been 3 Flow classes and some treadmill/bike time but I've got the crud. Think I'll steal that water drinking goal instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goal is to complete 3/4 of the chest pushups on my toes in the Attack class on Thursday. There is a set of 8 (which I do on my toes) and a set of 24 (2 of which I do on my toes). I can stick with the first 8 and do 16/24 at the end. I will post my actual results on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go, honey! For anyone who hasn't been to an Attack class, 24 pushups on your toes in a "normal" situation is a great goal...but Attack class is NOT a normal situation! That class is super challenging!

      Delete
    2. To update on my class yesterday: I did the first set of 8 on my toes, and then 11/24 in the last set on my toes. I ran out of gas; after that, I made it down okay, but never made it up again. I finished with pushups on the knees.

      So, that puts me at 19/24 or 79.17% of my goal. I am happy but still want to increase the number I can do on my toes.

      The biggest challenge in that class is you do 8 chest pushups, then 3 minutes of alternating walking plank and 3 sets of 16 triceps pushups.

      Delete
  8. Great blog, Julie. We don't get to "talk" much since I see you in class, but our babies love to play together at Kids Kove ;).

    My goal is to double my weight in Body Pump by summer, do push-ups on my toes & run the Borgess half marathon in May (last year I had a 2 week old baby during the marathon, so that wasn't an option)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing goals, Stephanie!! Have fun doing the half marathon - I'm extremely jealous (my foot injury is preventing me from doing it this year). I hope I can join you for it (or maybe the full?!?) next year!!

      Delete
  9. How did everyone do on their goals???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Is it too late to start a goal? I, too, need to up my water intake... I think I drink more water during the night than I do in the day... LOL. That is horrible... But yeah. So, I am going to say, I will drink 48 ounces as well. Starting... now.

      Delete
    2. It's never too late! Great goal... I've been barely meeting it daily, so knowing someone else is out there chugging down too will help me! See you at Pump tonight?

      Delete