My second featured member is Kathy. I see Kathy every morning at the gym, working hard! Below, you will read some awesome goals she set for herself to accomplish this year - be sure to cheer her on! I'm definitely inspired. Keep it up, Kathy!!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m married to Sean. We have a 7 year old Parson Russell Terrier, named Tanner. I’m an Engineer. I work for Stryker, managing Supplier Quality Engineering, at all Kalamazoo manufacturing locations. I love cooking, travelling, and the outdoors.
2. What is your usual weekly workout routine?
Monday: RPM & BodyPump
Tuesday: Running 3-5 miles & Zumba
Wednesday: RPM & BodyPump
Thursday: rest
Friday: RPM & personal training with Amanda (focus on building core strength)
Saturday: Running 3-5 miles
Sunday: Hiking 5+ miles with my husband and dog. Typically at Al Sabo, Asylum Lake, or the
Kal-Haven trail.
3. What are your go-to snacks and meals?
Favorite breakfast: Chocolate Banana Smoothie (2 scoops vanilla whey, 2T ground flax seed, 1t Metamucil, banana, 8oz chocolate almond milk, and ice)
Favorite lunch: Spinach salad with carrots, edamame, grape tomatoes, green pepper, green onion, ¼ hard boiled egg, a pouch of low sodium tuna, and strawberry vinegar. (Strawberry vinegar from the Olive Mill in Saugatuck is awesome!)
Favorite dinner: Lemon pepper chicken breast with sautéed asparagus.
Favorite snacks: baby carrots and hummus, or Greek yogurt with granola
4. How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
This is a constant struggle. Two factors which contribute to my success:
(1) Working out 1st thing in the morning.
(2) Taking time on Sunday to plan and prep healthy meals for the entire week.
5. What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
Doing push-ups on my toes and running a half marathon. I intend to conquer both of these in 2012!
6. What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
Les Mills classes, supportive trainers and teachers, and all the friends I’ve made from the early morning crew.
7. What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
RPM is my favorite class. I like the efficiency of this intense workout. I personally have burned up to 645 calories in this 45 minute class.
8. Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I am inspired by everyday people that successfully integrate health and fitness into their busy lives. Many of the friends I’ve met at SWAT inspire me: Cheryl, Meryl Kreh, Jim Valk, Deb Pellerito, Jason Krasney, Marta Franco, Nikki Gates, Courtney Boehrer, and Annie Daus.
Way to go Kathy! Kathy is an inspiration to all of us!
ReplyDeleteJim