Monday, June 18, 2012

The Good, the Bad, the Weight Gain

I'll start with the good: I ran the Kalamazoo Klassic 5k this Saturday.  I had a time to beat in mind: 28:47, which was my Campus Classic time from 2009 (the last official 5k I did).  I came in at 27:34 - I'm no speedster, but that's an average time of 8:55 per mile, and I'm happy with that!  It gives me a goal to beat.  

I saw lots of SWAT people at the race.  Christen McCool, our amazing Attack/Pump/Flow/Step instructor (she's also certified in Vive and RPM, by the way), did BOTH the 10k and 5k, placing second in our age group for the 10k and first in our age group for the 5k.  Wowza!!!  Chuck Williams, former featured member on the blog, did the Pump & Run and came in first in his age group.  Go Chuck!!! 

Now for the bad.  After taking it easy on my trip to California, I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.  My weight this morning is 161.4, up from 159 before the trip.  I want to keep losing, but I need some encouragement!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Julie, Julie, Julie.....based on the metabolic testing and advice from Stephanie, your body needed the break. So maybe you can use this as your regroup time to focus on the plan she provided for you. You look amazing and are in great shape so please don't be so hard on yourself, it's only a few pounds and we women can gain and lose that in a day! Congrats on your time in the Classic, something to be very proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Doris...I know sometimes I'm hard on myself, but other times, I just let everything go. I just need to get back into the swing of things!!

    ReplyDelete