After posting last night about how I've been slacking on my workouts, I knew I had to get my butt in gear. This morning, I had to be at school by 5:50 am to chaperone a field trip to State Honors Choir auditions, so I set my alarm for 3:40 am.
The rain was coming down when the alarm went off, and between the warm wool socks I was wearing and the snuggly 4-year-old who'd crawled into bed with us sometime in the night, I was quite cozy.
I managed to limit myself to one push of the snooze button, and I was out the door by 4 am. I had a slow 4 miles around the neighborhood. I'm developing a nasty chest cold, and my body and lungs ached with every step, but I'm still glad I ran!
I'll be spending a total of 6 hours on a school bus today, and I would've been totally restless and miserable without a workout first. Now, because I burned off some energy, I'm only slightly miserable on the bus. Plus, if the students complain about how early they had to get up, I'll just tell them about my morning and that'll stop them.
;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment