During this holiday season, food temptations are everywhere for most people. I don't even like most holiday cookies, but I always find myself sampling them to make sure. I've found a much better alternative!
On Saturday, my friend Nancy hosted a Friendsgiving brunch. She made some awesome gluten-free, dairy-free, and added-sugar-free cookies for which she had found the recipe on Pinterest. Having just completed a 9-mile run, I was famished. I definitely indulged in the pumpkin pancakes and bacon at brunch, but these cookies were my favorite! I made a big batch of these last night and froze them, and I'm going to take them with me on my long runs.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray (this was not in the original recipe, but I found out the hard way that I should have done this!). In a bowl, combine 1.5 cups oats, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, 2-3 mashed bananas (works better if they're really ripe), and whatever other ingredients you'd like to add. For example, I added some raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, and a few chocolate chips (this took away the dairy-free and sugar-free status, but if I'm using them for long runs, I need something that'll give me energy quickly). Other suggestions would be dried cranberries/blueberries/cherries, almonds, cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut flakes, etc. Bake them for about 25 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment