Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 4th grade teacher and mother of three. I also work with adults with mental disabilities. I have an amazing and supportive partner and family. We are always on the go and live very busy lives.What is your usual weekly workout routine?
I get up and head to the gym by 5:30 A.M. I workout for 45 minutes, usually cardio. I am currently doing the H.I.I.T class on Monday and Thursday mornings. I also like to take Body Attack on Tuesday mornings. Other mornings I usually run on the treadmill or use the ARC. I then attack the gym when I can in the evening. I take Zumba on Tuesday nights, Body Attack on Thursday nights, and try and do Body Combat as well. I have been running on the treadmill to train for the half-marathon in May; I am up to 8 miles.
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
My breakfast (because I am so busy) is usually a protein shake and banana. I like to have Greek yogurt for an early day snack followed by grilled chicken breast and salad for lunch. For dinner, I have been eating lots of fish and/or lean turkey products.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
This has been extremely hard! My partner and I both work 2 jobs and are raising 3 kids. Our kids also have extra-curricular activities, but we make sure we compromise and allow each of us time to do the things we find important in our lives. Exercising actually gives me more energy and make me feel like I can go that extra mile. Now if only I can only figure out how to get a date night squeezed into my demanding schedule!
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
Eating foods that make me feel better and teaching my kids to do the same thing. It is so easy to fall back to making unhealthy meals or fast food when your life is busy, but those foods don't make me feel energetic and healthy. In order from me to run a half-marathon in May, I need a strong, healthy body to reach this goal.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
The trainers!!!!!!!!! They get to know you on a personal level and they want to help you succeed. They push you to be your very best and motivate you to reach your goals. They encourage you and give you advice on exercise and diet. They help make me a better person!
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
Since I began the H.I.I.T program, I would say that is my favorite. It is not easy by any means, however, it pushes me to reach that next level of intensity that I was unable to find on my own.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I feel my family inspires me to stay healthy and fit. My partner is my strongest inspiration. She has overcome many medical and physical obstacles to work towards making herself healthy. She gives me strength and motivation to make me want to be a better person.
Anything else you'd like to say?
I want to say thanks to Carol Raseman and Marta Franco for their efforts in helping me reach my goals. They are two of many people who have helped build my confidence and strength in myself and are dedicated in helping others succeed.

No comments:
Post a Comment