I am a stay at home mom with 3 children. My daughter Annie is 12, Thomas is 10, and Chloe is 8. I moved to Kalamazoo in 1996 when I married my husband, Chuck. I did go to WMU before that, which is where the two of us met. I am originally from Birmingham, a suburb of Detroit. My hobbies include, cooking, reading - especially cookbooks or anything online about cooking, drinking wine, travelling, socializing with friends, the outdoors, and of course fitness!
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
You will find me at SWAT Monday-Friday at the 9:15 time slot. I am, however, trying to get out of my "rut" by mixing it up a bit. I did just finish a group training session with some girlfriends - Jessica really kicked our booties and I learned a lot in terms of form, food choices, etc. I have also tried coming to the gym on a weekend day, which has really helped keep my weekend eating/drinking in check. I tried a "HIIT" class the other day; I am contemplating signing up for the next session. I think that will be a love/hate class for me!
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
Ever since I trained with Jessica, I have been trying to clean up my eating. I am focusing on adding much more protein to my diet, drinking lots of water, and definitely cutting down on my wine habit. My go-to snacks have been a lot of Greek yogurt and anything high in protein: cheese, peanut butter etc.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
Since I am a stay at home mom, I do have time to workout. I truly enjoy coming to the gym, so I try my hardest to schedule appointments and such after my workouts.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
In addition to the great classes, it is my goal to get myself out on the fitness floor and train more often to mix up my routine. I am always up and down about 10 lbs. I would love to lose the weight and just maintain a comfortable weight. I hope to always stay active and continue to make workouts a priority as I age.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I love SWAT for the Les Mills classes. I have been a member of other gyms in Kalamazoo, and nothing compares to the group fitness classes at SWAT. A lot of my friends are members of SWAT, and I have met a lot of new friends through the gym as well.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
It is hard to say what my favorite class is at SWAT - I enjoy each one for a different reason. If I'd have to pick one, it would probably be Pump. I have always enjoyed weight training, and I see the most results that way. It is a great class to really challenge yourself.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I don't have one in-particular person, but when I see other people who are fit and strong, it motivates me to work harder. I also admire any of the older people at the gym who are still making fitness a priority in their lives; I hope to always be fit and strong.
Anything else you'd like to say?
Thanks to you Julie, for writing this blog - it was fun to meet you and workout over spring break together!
No comments:
Post a Comment