I didn't do my usual weigh-in on Monday. Well, I did - I just didn't post it because it wasn't good news. I was up to 162.8.
The good thing about last week was that I stuck to my "no pop" goal. For the first few days, I felt like an addict - all I wanted to do was run by Speedway and get a diet Pepsi fountain pop. After that, the cravings pretty much subsided and I've been friends with good old H2O again.
So, it seems I have success with small steps. This week, to get me back on track with my diet, I've decided to eat clean the entire week (with one "cheat meal" - I would completely fall off the wagon otherwise!). I don't know if my definition of eating clean is as strict as some people's, but basically, I'm eating almost entirely unprocessed foods. No chips, no energy bars, no foods where I don't recognize or can't pronounce the ingredients. The big exception to that is protein powder; the past couple mornings, I've thrown a scoop into my oatmeal. The other thing I was unsure about was string cheese, but really, it is pretty much just skim milk and is a quick and easy protein source.
I'm still trying to figure out this whole building my aerobic base process, so I have cut back on my group fitness classes and am working more on endurance.
I'd really like to get down to a healthy body fat percentage. I'm so close, and this is where I usually give up. I need to stick to it!
you are doing great Julie! you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteNicole
Just joined this blog and happy I did!.....reading through has given ideas and definately upped the motivation I need...daily! Thanks keeping it up. My goal this week is to work out on Sat and Sun.... Also more water!
ReplyDeleteRachel