My name is Brad Block. I am married and have two kids. My wife and I are owners of The Root Beer Stands in Kalamazoo. I enjoy working out, and in my spare time I like to watch football, hunt, and golf.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
Each day is different, but I typically go to the gym twice a day. In the mornings I go to one of the offered classes. At night I like to do floor work with free weights and do yoga.
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
My wife and I are trying to educate ourselves on how to eat better and eat more organic/natural foods. I eat a lot of chicken and fish and in between meals I like to make protein shakes and snack on oatmeal muffins, fresh fruit, and veggies.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
I am fortunate enough to own a company that allows me to have the winter months off, so during those months it is easier to make it to the gym regularly. Once work is back in full swing, it gets a bit tougher. I just have to make sure I get to the gym early in the morning, and I also try to go for a run outside in the afternoons when the weather is nice.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
My main goal is to be the healthiest I can be. I think that working out not only helps you be healthier and keeps you looking good but also helps you keep a clear mind.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I like that SWAT offers a variety of class types and also has different times through out the day that you can take classes.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
My favorite class would have to be the Sunday Attack/Pump class; I personally think it’s one of the more challenging classes that is offered.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I find inspiration in the instructors/owners at SWAT. They are always very helpful and help motivate all the members. I also find inspiration in my wife; she has finally, after 2 years of trying, gotten me to go to the classes and I’m glad that she finally talked me into it.
Anything else you’d like to say?
I’ve enjoyed my experience at SWAT thus far. I think this gym has something for everyone. Everyone is really nice and always helpful. I look forward to my workouts; I think the atmosphere of the gym helps make it more enjoyable to be at the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment