Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FEATURED MEMBER: Heather

This week's Featured Member is Heather, whose husband Brad was featured a couple weeks ago.  I'm sure you've seen her around; since it's the off season for her job, she's at SWAT twice a day!  She looks great, works hard, and she's always smiling.  



Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Heather Block, I am a wife and mother of two. I own The Root Beer Stand along with my husband.  I really love my job and being around my staff; there's never a dull moment at work.  In my spare time I like to spend time with my family, garden, cook new recipes, play with my dogs, and work out.  

What is your usual weekly workout routine?
Every week is different depending on my schedule.  During the summer when work is the busiest it's hard to get to the gym every day, but I enjoy running outside with my husband.  During the winter months when I'm not working, I try to be at the gym twice a day and I just go to any class that is available - I enjoy them all! 

What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I love egg white omelets loaded with veggies and feta cheese.  I like all different types of chicken.  For lunches, my go-to meal is refried beans, salsa, and avocados; it's really easy to make when I'm in a hurry or don't feel like cooking.  Lately I've been experimenting with different types of food and recipes and trying to eat more natural and organic things.

How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
Being in a seasonal business gives me the opportunity to have the winter months off so I have a lot of free time to make it to the gym and manage my day-to-day life.  During the spring/summer months I have to make sure to make it to the gym earlier in the mornings, but if my schedule doesn't permit me to do so, I try to get exercise in some how, whether its going for a walk or run.  I just try to do something!

What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I would love to be able to accomplish a 1/2 marathon, I think if I can train and finish a 1/2 marathon I can accomplish anything.  I also just want to be an overall healthier person so I can live a longer happier and healthier life.

What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I think the classes are the most amazing thing that a gym can offer.  I think the way the classes are designed make them beneficial for all types of people.  I think anyone can walk into a class and feel welcomed and feel like they are getting the best out of their workouts. Trust me, if I can go to the classes, anyone can.  So what if you are not  in sync with the rest of the class!  If you ever watched me, I'm usually going in the opposite direction than the class.  You can't take it so seriously.  You have to just keep yourself moving.   I know from experience that if you go to the classes enough they will produce results, and not only that, but you are learning different ways and the right ways to work out.

What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
My absolute favorite class is Zumba, and I really wish it was offered more often.  I feel like in the Zumba class I'm in my own hip-hop music video!  It's a lot of fun especially when I don't get to go out and go dancing much anymore.  So I get a workout and I get to have a good time!  And the music is incredible!

Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I think all the instructors are inspirational and do their job so well.  Each one puts their all into each class they teach; they are so positive and are so welcoming and helpful.  I don't think I could imagine going to another gym and having these type of people available to me.  I love them all!!

Anything else you'd like to say?
I'm very happy to be apart of this gym.  I get excited to go to the gym.  It isn't a chore to me, it's more of an outlet and something fun for me to do.  Also I'm very thankful to have my husband at my side.  I don't think I would be as motivated to get healthy if it wasn't for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment