Hello, everyone, and happy holidays! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah (I'm a bit late on that one), Happy Festivus...
What a fun time of year! Our kiddos were certainly spoiled today, by Santa, by us, by their aunt, and by their grandparents. Actually, we were all spoiled. It made me happy that there seemed to be a health and fitness theme to Christmas. The boys have been playing their new Wii game, Just Dance 3, working up a sweat all morning. I got Asa some new workout clothes (not easy to find ones that will fit someone who is 6' 6"!). I bought my sister, who is recently getting into exercise, some tank tops to wear to the gym. Asa gave me lots of ear buds, since mine are always going missing. My dad and stepmom got me an awesome new waterproof running jacket and some compression socks. Dad and Barb have also recently gotten into exercise, and we gave them a kit of stuff to use at the gym (workout shirts, water bottles, Balance Bars, etc.). Dad gave Barb a VitaMix blender (sweet!), and she's going to make lots of healthy shakes, soups, juices, etc. It was awesome that we're all on the same page this year!
A few days ago, I read an article that was posted on Facebook by Grumpy Girl Fitness, a blog I read (well, I mainly read her FB posts instead of the actual blog). Click here to read the article, which is titled "9 Daily Habits That Will Make You Happier." It really inspired me, and I intend to print it off and post it somewhere visible, like my bathroom mirror or classroom desk.
Again, I hope you and your loved ones are enjoying a happy holiday season. I know I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment