I think I've mentioned that I haven't been at the gym as much because I've been running outside more. The end goal is this: I want to do the 2013 Kalamazoo Marathon. I signed up for "Good Grief," the marathon training program through the Borgess Run Camp. Former Featured Member Stephanie signed up with me (it's awesome to have a buddy in my pace group!). Starting yesterday, we will be spending our Saturdays doing long runs with our camp pace team. Mentally, I am confident I can do this. Physically, however, I'm not so confident. I know I have the aerobic capacity and stamina to complete the training and the race, but my feet are already causing problems. I'm trying to employ the Good Form Running strategies I learned, and I'm icing and resting as much as possible. However, there is no way to prepare myself other than to get the miles in during the week, and my left foot (the one with tendinitis) is achy already. I really, really, really want to accomplish this; I hope my body lets me!
No comments:
Post a Comment