Sunday, September 22, 2013

Exercise Checklist

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm trying to focus more on strength training than on cardio.  As I also mentioned, I'm trying to figure out how to fit in my workouts while dealing with an ever-busier schedule (since I last posted, we agreed to let Braeden join his friend's flag football team, which means one more practice and one more game per week).  I am having a hard time organizing my workout schedule, often because I'm too tired in the morning to get up and exercise (I promise, it's not usually because I've stayed up too late watching TV or something; most nights, we put ourselves to bed right after we turn out the kids' lights!).  

I decided to develop a checklist (see below), which I can print off each week to help me keep track of what I want to do.  I am going to adjust it after a few weeks if I feel it's too little or too much.  This is easier for me to handle mentally than a set workout schedule; this way, there is more flexibility if I miss a planned workout (whether because I slept in or because I have another commitment or because I just decided I wanted to play with the kids instead of going to the gym).  

*****************************************************************************************************

WEEK OF:________________________________

_____ arms/shoulders workout

_____back/chest workout

_____legs workout

_____CXWORX

_____Pump class

_____HIIT workout

_____circuit workout

_____30 minutes walking – first time

_____30 minutes walking – second time

_____30 minutes walking – third time

_____free choice (Attack, Step, running, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment