One of the items on my weekly exercise checklist is a HIIT workout. I've taken a break from the Monday/Thursday morning HIIT classes at SWAT. I miss them a ton, but we needed a financial break from them. So, to replace HIIT, I do sprint intervals on the treadmill or design another workout.
This morning, I did my HIIT at home. First, I made a list of ten exercises I was going to do:
*Mountain climbers
*High knees
*Pushups
*Tuck jumps
*Skater jumps side to side, touching the ground with each one
*Leg jacks in plank position
*Squat jumps
*Box jumps
*Burpees
*Ab exercise where you sit on the floor, lift up feet, and pivot side to side, touching the ground on each side
I set the timer on my phone for twenty minutes. Last night, I had asked Braeden to help me with my workout by picking any number between 10 and 20; he picked 14, so that was the number of each exercise I had to do before moving on to the next (for mountain climbers and high knees, one full rep = one on each side).
I made it through this four times in the twenty minutes, pausing the timer for a minute or two of rest each time I got through all ten exercises. I won't say that it was fun, but I think it was definitely effective - I was huffing and puffing!
By the way, does anyone else hate box jumps? I feel like I'm going to trip and fall, so I'm terrified with each jump (and I definitely have fallen in the past!). My step at home is about equal to a step at SWAT with two or three bricks underneath it, which is not as bad as jumping onto the huge tires behind SWAT, which Marta has made us do more than once. I force myself to do them because I hate them so much, but I never seem to gain confidence!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment