Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FEATURED MEMBER: Megan


This week's Featured Member is Megan.  I've known Megan for about five years through a mutual friend (her best friend from high school is someone I met through work).  She is incredibly fit, and she makes healthy choices 99% of the time but maintains a real world attitude about choosing junk food once in a while.  Her strength is inspiring; even though she is very thin, she still squats around 35 pounds per side in Pump!  She definitely works for her fitness, and she sets a great example for all of us.


Tell us a little about yourself.
My life consists of a busy schedule just like everyone else in the world.  I am married and a mother of two, and that is definitely considered my first job.  I graduated from WMU with a nursing degree and currently work two days a week at Healthcare Midwest Surgery Center.  My third job is as an Assistant Cheerleading Coach at Western Michigan University.  GO BRONCOS!

What is your usual weekly workout routine?
My normal weekly workout routine consists of classes in the morning after I drop off kids to school Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  I try to make a class once on the weekends.  I have recently added lifting heavier weights on the fitness floor to my routine.  This means sometimes skipping a class, which Miss Emma Tate gives me crap for.  Lol!

What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I can't say that I have a go to meal!  One thing I really enjoy is a Paleo Pancake.  This consists of one smashed banana and one egg.  After mixing together, cook just as you would a pancake.  Add a little vanilla and then top with fresh smashed blueberries.  DELISH!!!  I try my hardest to eat clean, staying away from processed foods.  I eat a lot of fish, fresh veggies and fruit!  I do allow myself to enjoy pizza or a burger sometimes; I mean, let's get real, I could never give that up!!

How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
Balancing being active and the demands of a busy schedule is finding what works in my schedule and sticking to it.  I treat my workouts as I would a facial or a massage.  I would never miss that appointment!

What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
My fitness goal for myself is to strive to be my STRONGEST each workout!  Taking it either rep by rep or track by track.  Being strong is my main goal both mentally and physically.

What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I like being a member at SWAT first and foremost because of Group Fitness!!!

What is your favorite class at SWAT?  Why?
I can't say that I have one favorite class at SWAT.  I enjoy Combat, Attack, CX, and Pump all in their unique ways.  Each challenge me differently and that's what I love!

Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration?  Who and why?
Jillian Michaels, hands down, is my fitness inspiration.  I would give almost anything to train with that woman for one hour.  She is someone who is strong mentally, physically and can push people to their breaking point...gotta love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment