Saturday, February 2, 2013

Update on Monica

Almost a month ago, I published a blog about my sister, Monica.  To recap, she was facing many health issues, most stemming from morbid obesity.  At the time of the blog, her new fitness goals had been derailed because she fell and badly broke her ankle.

It has been four weeks since that fall.  The first two weeks, she lived at my house; after her surgery, she went back to my dad's house in Rochester to recuperate.  She is so proud that, despite not being able to do much physical activity, during her two weeks at my house she lost 17 pounds.  She lost another 7 in the next two weeks, bringing the grand total to 24 pounds!!!  She is diligently entering all her meals into the My Fitness Pal app on her phone, and since she can't put any weight on her foot for another four weeks, she has found some exercises online, such as chair Zumba.  

Today is her birthday, and I am so happy she's off to such a healthy start this year.  Happy birthday, Monica - I hope it's the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment