Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Burn, Baby, Burn...How Much DO I Burn?

     Have you ever wondered just how many calories you're burning when you exercise?  I mean, those calorie counters on the machines are a little too generous, don't you think?  What about on a daily basis, if you weren't exercising at all?  There are lots of tools to help you estimate that, but those don't account for your individual genetic makeup.

     I contacted Stephanie Walbridge at In the Zone Fitness to inquire about metabolic and VO2 Max texting.  Stephanie comes highly recommended from many people in the Kalamazoo Area Runners group.  Guess what?  She is offering us a huge deal on metabolic testing!!!

     Normally, the testing costs $150 for an individual test (either Resting Metabolic Rate - RMR - or the Exercise Metabolic Assement - EMA) and $250 for both tests.  However, if we can get a group of eight people to sign up for one of the tests, she'll give us one test for $75 or both for $150!  That is an amazing discount!

     This deal is not limited to SWAT members; if you have friends who are interested, they can sign up as well.  I'd like to get a group together within a couple weeks, so if you are interested, just comment below (include your email address, please) or email me at juliamagnolia78@gmail.com.

     On In the Zone's website, they have information about both RMR and EMA testing.  There are certain instructions you need to follow for both tests, including making sure you're fully rested (i.e., take a day off from exercising the day before the test) and different amounts of fasting for each tests (12 hours for RMR and 3 hours for EMA). 

     If we can't get a group of 8 to sign up, she'll still give us a deal if we have 4-7 people - $100 per test (which is still $50 off, but I'm hoping we can get 8 to sign up so we get a full 50% off the test!). 

     I'm so excited about this chance to gain such valuable information.  I hope you'll join me and do the testing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment