This week, I'm featuring Stephanie. I met her about a year and a half ago when we were both pregnant. Now, our babies play together and will probably grow up and get married (Olive and Ozzie...who cares if they actually like each other or not, those names go great together!!). Stephanie exercised throughout her pregnancy and is in great shape. She's enthusiastic and friendly in classes (even when Olive hasn't let her sleep at all) - it's always nice to have someone like that around!
Tell us a little about yourself.
I grew up on east side of the state, and now live in Vicksburg with my husband, Chad, our 1- year-old baby girl, Olive, and our dog, Puppers. I’m a former journalist who is now self-employed as a freelance writer & in social media marketing. My family loves spending time boating on our lake and working with wildlife (we raised and released 9 injured/abandoned baby raccoons in past 2 years). Aside from working out & staying active, I’m an avid reader & writer and dream of publishing my own book someday.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
I grew up on east side of the state, and now live in Vicksburg with my husband, Chad, our 1- year-old baby girl, Olive, and our dog, Puppers. I’m a former journalist who is now self-employed as a freelance writer & in social media marketing. My family loves spending time boating on our lake and working with wildlife (we raised and released 9 injured/abandoned baby raccoons in past 2 years). Aside from working out & staying active, I’m an avid reader & writer and dream of publishing my own book someday.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
Monday – BodyStep
Tuesday – RPM or BodyCombat
Wednesday – BodyStep + BodyPump
Thursday – BodyAttack
Friday – BodyCombat
Tuesday – RPM or BodyCombat
Wednesday – BodyStep + BodyPump
Thursday – BodyAttack
Friday – BodyCombat
Saturday – RPM or BodyStep
Sunday – Pump/Attack combo
I also run outdoors with the baby in a stroller. I hate doing anything on a machine and I love intense cardio. The key for me is to either be motivated in a class setting or to be outdoors.
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I make my own smoothies with protein powder, flax seed plus whatever fun fruits or greens I feel like adding that day. I try to eat fruit or veggies with every meal and drink a ton of water and green tea. An example of a daily eating plan would be:
Breakfast: Strawberry, blackberry, banana & flax protein smoothie.
Mid-morning snack: String cheese, almonds & dried fruit
Lunch: Open-faced black bean burger on flax bread topped with spring mix, salsa & avocado,
Sunday – Pump/Attack combo
I also run outdoors with the baby in a stroller. I hate doing anything on a machine and I love intense cardio. The key for me is to either be motivated in a class setting or to be outdoors.
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I make my own smoothies with protein powder, flax seed plus whatever fun fruits or greens I feel like adding that day. I try to eat fruit or veggies with every meal and drink a ton of water and green tea. An example of a daily eating plan would be:
Breakfast: Strawberry, blackberry, banana & flax protein smoothie.
Mid-morning snack: String cheese, almonds & dried fruit
Lunch: Open-faced black bean burger on flax bread topped with spring mix, salsa & avocado,
Mixed green side salad
Mid-afternoon snack: Kind Bar.
Dinner: Sweet potato w/ cinnamon butter. Grilled chicken. Cous cous & steamed spinach
Mid-afternoon snack: Kind Bar.
Dinner: Sweet potato w/ cinnamon butter. Grilled chicken. Cous cous & steamed spinach
sautéed with egg whites.
I also have to eat a little bit of chocolate or something sweet at night, plus give myself a few “cheats” during week to enjoy things like wine, ice cream, movie popcorn or Mexican food. Life’s too short not to have pancakes on Sundays!
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
I think that being active makes every other demand in my life much easier! As a mom, it can be so easy to put your needs last. Working out and staying active makes me feel stronger, gives me more energy and confidence – which makes my life’s challenges, whether it’s meeting a tight work deadline or dealing with a teething baby – much easier to deal with. I’m very passionate about exercise because I feel it makes you a better person, inside and out.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I just met my first one – which was to lose the final 15 pounds from my pregnancy! My “superficial” fitness goal is the get my stomach totally flat & toned. My main focus is to get stronger & gain endurance and to continue my healthy eating. Each day I have to get up and commit to being healthy – some days it is much easier than others.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I absolutely LOVE my gym and its staff and trainers. I feel like there is a real sense of community here and I love the support and friendships I have made at SWAT. It’s like my “gym family”! I can’t say enough about the Les Mills classes. They’ve changed my body and my life – by challenging and empowering me. The instructors are ALL phenomenal. They inspire me to push myself further and reach my goals. Also, my daughter LOVES the amazing staff at Kids Kove (and so do I). They are so fabulous with the kids and she really enjoys her social time with other SWAT kids.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
So hard to choose! Depends on the day and what my body “needs”. BodyCombat is my favorite stress reliever. BodyStep is the most fun. RPM is great for intensity and focus. BodyAttack is probably my favorite because it combines all these things!
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
All the hot moms who teach & train at SWAT! Seriously, they are some of the most fit women I have ever seen and they balance family, work and kids – and still make fitness a top priority. It’s inspiring to see and makes me think it THEY can do it, than I can, too.
I also have to eat a little bit of chocolate or something sweet at night, plus give myself a few “cheats” during week to enjoy things like wine, ice cream, movie popcorn or Mexican food. Life’s too short not to have pancakes on Sundays!
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
I think that being active makes every other demand in my life much easier! As a mom, it can be so easy to put your needs last. Working out and staying active makes me feel stronger, gives me more energy and confidence – which makes my life’s challenges, whether it’s meeting a tight work deadline or dealing with a teething baby – much easier to deal with. I’m very passionate about exercise because I feel it makes you a better person, inside and out.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I just met my first one – which was to lose the final 15 pounds from my pregnancy! My “superficial” fitness goal is the get my stomach totally flat & toned. My main focus is to get stronger & gain endurance and to continue my healthy eating. Each day I have to get up and commit to being healthy – some days it is much easier than others.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
I absolutely LOVE my gym and its staff and trainers. I feel like there is a real sense of community here and I love the support and friendships I have made at SWAT. It’s like my “gym family”! I can’t say enough about the Les Mills classes. They’ve changed my body and my life – by challenging and empowering me. The instructors are ALL phenomenal. They inspire me to push myself further and reach my goals. Also, my daughter LOVES the amazing staff at Kids Kove (and so do I). They are so fabulous with the kids and she really enjoys her social time with other SWAT kids.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
So hard to choose! Depends on the day and what my body “needs”. BodyCombat is my favorite stress reliever. BodyStep is the most fun. RPM is great for intensity and focus. BodyAttack is probably my favorite because it combines all these things!
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
All the hot moms who teach & train at SWAT! Seriously, they are some of the most fit women I have ever seen and they balance family, work and kids – and still make fitness a top priority. It’s inspiring to see and makes me think it THEY can do it, than I can, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment