Our next featured member is Allison. I am always inspired by her in Body Pump class and the Pump/Attack combo class - she works really hard, and she has the body to prove it!! I am excited to read about her workout routine and healthy habits, since I'd love to look like her someday!
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a paralegal at Miller Canfield in Kalamazoo. I have been married to my husband for 12 years, and we have 2 wonderful but not always well-behaved beagles. I love running, traveling and getting together with friends.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
I usually work out 5 days a week. Roughly this is what I do, depending on the weather and if I am training for a run.
Monday: Sometimes running in the summer, otherwise it’s a day off
Tuesday: Combat if I can escape work early, if not, Pump
Wednesday: Body Step
Thursday: Pump or running
Friday: Day off
Saturday: Combat
Sunday: Attack/Pump Combo or run
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
In the morning I’ll have either cereal or a bagel or English muffin with peanut butter and of course my coffee. Lunch is usually soup or a salad. For dinner I love pasta or fish or lately turkey burgers that I pre-make so I can throw them on the grill when I get home from the gym. I must admit though, I am not perfect. I love my cheese and wine!
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
I go directly to the gym on the way home from work so I get it done and don’t get distracted. Working out relieves a lot of stress so I make time for it almost every day.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I would love to run another marathon. I have done two, Detroit and the Sunburst in South Bend. It would be nice to finish one in under 4 hours. The only problem is it is that training is so time- consuming. For now I am sticking with the half-marathons which are much more enjoyable and not so time-consuming and hard on the body. Maybe one day I’ll train for another marathon.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
The classes that are available. I would not belong to a gym just to use equipment. I find that boring. The Les Mills classes and the instructors make it all worthwhile.
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
I just started doing Combat and absolutely love it, but Step class will always be my number one.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
No one in particular. I am motivated by the SWAT instructors and inspired by anyone who makes the effort to get up off the couch and get moving!

No comments:
Post a Comment