Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in and Food/Exercise Journal

Ah...nothing like a little gastro-intestinal virus to help with your weight loss. 

This week was a strong one for me, both food-wise and exercise-wise.  I set a goal to be at the gym every weekday at 5:30 am, and I met that goal.  I worked out really hard, pushing myself to complete every rep and get to breathless in classes.  By Friday, I was super tired, which I thought was from the early workouts.  However, as Friday progressed, I felt more and more nauseated and dizzy...and then came the puking.  Yup, it was a fun weekend in the Davis household. 


I felt better on Sunday morning - enough to do Attack/Pump and Body Flow and to eat some substantial meals.  You'll see no food journal for Friday afternoon or all of Saturday because most of what I ate came back up anyway.  Am I grossing you out?  I think I overdid it - I'm home from work today because the dizziness and nausea have returned.

I'm a little miffed that my weight loss is partially because of being so sick, especially since I lost a lot of water and my weight may bump back up again next week.  My goal was to lose 10 pounds by June 8, which means getting down to 162.  Check out that number below - I may have to set a new, lower weight goal!

Starting weight: 172
Last week's weight: 165.1
This week's weight: 162.2



Monday, April 23 (1,685 calories)
Workout:
     30 minutes elliptical @moderate intensity, 10 minutes jogging @6 mph, 10 minutes walking @4.4 mph
Breakfast (370 calories):
     1 banana, oatmeal, 6 scrambled egg whites, decaf coffee w/ 2 T. creamer
Lunch (265 calories):
     1 pear, mixed greens salad with 1/2 T. olive oil and 1/2 T. vinegar, 1 oz. fat free feta cheese, 1 c. broccoli
Snack (75 calories):
     Vegetables, fruit
Dinner (387 calories calories):
     1/2 c. black beans, 1 c. broccoli, 5 oz. sweet potato, 1/4 c. shrimp, 2 c. watermelon
Snack (426 calories):
     pudding cups, 2 T. peanut butter, 1 banana


Tuesday, April 24 (1,789 calories)
Workout 1:
     RPM class
Breakfast (386 calories):
     1 banana, 1 T. peanut butter, 1/3 c. oats, sugar-free/nonfat latte
Lunch (318 calories):
     Fage Greek yogurt, 1 c. blueberries/blackberries, mixed greens w/ 1/2 T. olive oil and vinegar, 1 oz. fat free feta
Snack (312 calories):
     Planters Nut-rition bar, 1 c. cantaloupe, 1 c. strawberries, 1/4 c. black beans
Workout 2:
     Body Pump class, 1 mile jog on the treadmill @6 mph
Dinner (773 calories):
     6 scrambled egg whites, 1 c. green beans, 1 c. canteloupe, raisins, oatmeal, pudding, 1 T. peanut butter
          (this is perhaps the most random dinner ever)


Wednesday, April 25 (1,700 calories)
Workout:
     RPM through track 5, floor workout with Jessica for 40 minutes, 15 minutes elliptical @low intensity
Breakfast (316 calories):
     1 banana, 1 T. peanut butter, 1/3 c. oats, decaf w/2 T. cream
Lunch (399 calories):
     1/2 c. black beans, 4 oz. sweet potato, Fage Greek yogurt, 3/4 oz. baked Doritos, green peppers
Snack (150 calories):
     Trail mix with cranberries, almonds, and wasabi peas
Snack (40 calories):
     Raisins
Dinner (795 calories): - at Comensoli's
     6 oz. grilled salmon, steamed asparagus, salad with feta cheese and 1 T. dressing, small piece
     of bread, 6 oz. Cabernet sauvignon
Snack (130 calories):
     low fat ice cream


Thursday, April 26 (? calories):
Workout 1:
     Body Attack class, 10 minutes elliptical at moderate intensity
Breakfast (412 calories):
     1 banana, 6 scrambled egg whites, venti sugar-free/nonfat mocha
Lunch (414 calories):
     Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Beef Merlot, 1 d'Anjou pear, 4 oz. sweet potato
Snack (300 calories):
     2 oz. chicken, oatmeal
Workout 2:
     Body Pump class
Dinner:
     snacks and wine at the SWAT open house, Q-doba naked chicken burrito with no rice


Friday, April 27 (850 calories):
Workout:
     35 minutes elliptical at low intensity
Breakfast (365 calories):
     Planter's Nut-rition bar, 1 T. peanut butter, 1 banana, coffee w/2 T. cream
Lunch (326 calories):
     Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Beef Merlot, Fage Greek yogurt, cucumbers, Baked Lays


Sunday, April 29 (1,714 calories):
Breakfast (200 calories): 
     Oatmeal
Pre-workout (50 calories):
     "Buzzerk" supplement (one of the free samples from the Open House)
Workout:
     Attack/Pump combo class, Body Flow class
Lunch (276 calories)
     6 scrambled egg whites, cucumber, 1 banana
Snack (144 calories):
     1 c. strawberries, 1 T. peanut butter
Snack (150 calories):
     Planter's Nut-trition Bar
Dinner (645 calories):
     Taco salad (shredded lettuce, black beans, salsa, ground turkey), 3 oz. avocado, 1 oz. baked
     tortilla chips
Snack (249 calories):
     1 c. strawberries, oatmeal

1 comment: