Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in and Food Journal

This week started and ended horribly, so I'm not at all surprised that the numbers on the scale went up.  Monday night, out of calories for the day, I found myself eating baked tortilla chips, salsa, and granola (not together - the granola was separate from the chips and salsa...although, in retrospect, if I had combined the granola with the chips and salsa maybe that would have made me stop eating!) at about 9:00 pm.  Seriously, I have a total night eating problem.  I am fully aware and try to save some calories for nighttime in case I want a snack, but it still seems to happen at least once a week that I have a little "fuggedaboudit" moment and eat whatever I want.  If only I wanted green beans and celery, that may be okay...

Anyway, I did okay most of the week, then went a little insane this weekend.  I didn't even attempt to track calories, which is the big problem.  Throw in Easter candy, and it was a big mess.  So, my mini-goal this week is a to write down everything I eat, no matter how much.   That was the goal in the first place, but I need to restate it because I'm starting to slip.


On the exercise front, I feel pretty strong.  I'm continuing to incorporate core work, and I think I'm getting a decent amount of cardio even with my foot injuries.  When the gym was closed Sunday, I took a long bike ride.  It continues to be food that is my biggest problem.  Stupid food. 

Starting weight: 172
Last week's weight: 166
This week's weight: 166.4

Monday, April 2 (estimated 2,192 calories)
Breakfast (270 calories):
     6 egg whites, 1 banana, large decaf w/2 T. cream
Lunch (435 calories):
     mixed veggies, 0.3 oz salt & pepper chips, spinach salad with 1/2 T. olive oil and lemon juice, 
     Chobani Greek yogurt, Planters Nut-rition bar
Snack (225 calories):
     1 T. peanut butter, 1/4 c. raisins
Workout:
     RPM class
Dinner (502 calories):
     asparagus, 4 oz. sweet potato, turkey bratwurst, pineapple
Snack (760 calories):
     baked tortilla chips, salsa, granola with milk


Tuesday, April 3 (1,497 calories)
Pre-workout (100 calories):
     oatmeal
Workout:
     core workout with Jessica, 30 minutes elliptical at low to moderate intensity
Post-workout (158 calories):
     almonds, 1 orange
Lunch (340 calories):
     cucumber, Campbell's Select Harvest soup - chicken with long grain rice, 1 banana
Snack (300 calories):
     pear, baked tortilla chips, chocolate protein shake
Workout:
     training with Jill - "One Plate Wonder"
Dinner (399 calories):
     8 egg whites, 4 oz. sweet potato, 1 T. peanut butter
Snack (200 calories):
     microwave popcorn


Wednesday, April 4 (1,610 calories)
Pre-workout (80 calories):
     1 banana
Workout #1:
     RPM class
Breakfast (240 calories):
     oatmeal, large decaf w/2 T. cream
Workout #2:
     core workout, 30 minutes elliptical at moderate intensity
Snack (90 calories):
     1 orange
Lunch (683 calories):
     at Crow's Nest - egg white omelet with veggies and bacon, hash browns cooked without butter or oil
Dinner (417 calories):
     1 oz. mozzarella cheese, 4 oz. sweet potato, 1 c. green beans, 1/2 c. whole grain brown rice,
     1 T. peanut butter
Snack (100 calories):
     microwave popcorn

Thursday, April 5 (1,704 calories)
Pre-workout (80 calories):
     1 banana
Workout #1:
     Body Attack class, 20 minutes elliptical at low intensity
Breakfast (240 calories):
     oatmeal, skinny mocha from Starbucks
Workout #2:
     Body Pump class
Lunch (371 calories):
     mixed greens with black beans and salsa, 1 c. green beans, 1/2 oz. baked tortilla chips
Snack (150 calories):
     Planters Nut-rition bar

Dinner (673 calories):
     5 oz. grilled chicken, 3 oz. sweet potato, 1 c. brown rice, broccoli, 1 c. low-fat ice cream
Snack (190 calories):
     2 T. peanut butter


Friday, April 6
Workout:
     "One Plate Wonder," followed by 25 minutes at moderate intensity on the Stair Master


Saturday, April 7
Workout:
     Body Pump Class and Super RPM class


Sunday, April 8
Workout:
     15 mile bike ride




     

2 comments:

  1. Food always has been and always will be my stumbling block. I struggle daily with what I eat, what I should eat and how I'm going to feel about it. Since reaching my goal I sometimes find I have to be even more rigid about staying on track, but still allowing splurges from time to time. Since I work out so often, I can easily tell myself that I can eat a little more, or that since I'm at my weight loss goal I can splurge more. But then I remember that I just put weight on too easily and will always have to be careful. And coming from an eating disorder history, I have to be careful not to go the other way. It's incredibly frustrating. I know it's a little off track and more in-depth than you may have wanted in a comment, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you're doing great just tracking what you eat, being aware of what to eat and being brave enough to share it with everyone. You work so hard, don't let yourself forget that part! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica. I know there are lots of us out there who struggle with the food part. I don't know why my willpower goes out the window so easily. I have a lot left to lose, and it's discouraging because I have now slipped backwards and am re-doing the work I already did. I am not feeling well (allergies? Cold? Not sure), so I've skipped the gym 2 days in a row and turned to food. Ugh. WHY????

      Delete