This week was waaaaaaaaay better than last. Phew! That being said, it still wasn't perfect. I haven't journaled since Thursday at lunch, but I did still eat mostly healthy food and got in some great workouts. On Saturday, I worked out with Jessica again, tagging along for her floor routine. She showed me some awesome exercises with a big exercise ball, including lots of ab work. My favorite was a lunge with the back foot resting on the ball - that totally saved my feet, which usually ache after lunges.
Also on Saturday, I biked 13 miles on the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail (from Parchment to D Avenue). Have you tried that yet? It's gorgeous scenery with a couple challenging hills. Get out there and try it!
Starting weight: 172
Last week's weight: 165.8
Today's weight: 165.1
Monday, April 16 (1,638 calories)
Workout:
50 minutes elliptical - 5 min warm-up, 20 min HIIT, 20 min moderate intensity, 5 min cooldown
Breakfast (290 calories):
1 small banana, Fage Greek yogurt, sugar-free/skim latte
Lunch (451 calories):
quinoa stuffed green pepper, green beans, 1 c. strawberries, baked Lays
Snack (150 calories):
trail mix made with dried cranberries, dry roasted almonds, and wasabi peas
Dinner (708 calories):
1 banana/1,5 T peanut butter/1.5 c. dry oats, 1 c. broccoli, 1.5 c. low-fat frozen yogurt
Snack (39 calories):
raisins
Tuesday, April 17 (1,735 calories)
Breakfast (310 calories):
oatmeal, sugar-free/skim latte
Lunch (446 calories):
quinoa stuffed green pepper, trail mix (cranberries/almonds/wasabi peas), 1 c. strawberries, red bell pepper
Snack (145 calories):
1/2 c. mixed veggies (corn, green beans, peas, carrots), 1 T. peanut butter
Workout:
RPM class
Dinner (779 calories):
Jamaican jerk chicken and chips/salsa (at Burdick's)
Snack (55 calories):
1/2 large banana
Wednesday, April 18 (1,705 calories)
Breakfast (360 calories):
sugar-free/skim latte, 6 egg whites, oatmeal
Lunch (355 calories):
quinoa stuffed green pepper, Fage Greek yogurt, strawberries, red peppers
Snack (245 calories):
cranberries/almonds/wasabi peas trail mix, 1 T. peanut butter
Workout:
Pump class, 25 minutes elliptical at moderate intensity
Dinner (447 calories):
rice pasta with tomato sauce and shrimp, 1 c. green beans, 1 c. blueberries
Snack (300 calories):
Planters Nut-rition bar, 1/2 T. peanut butter, microwave popcorn
Thursday, April 19 ( calories)
Workout:
Body Attack class, 20 minutes elliptical at low intensity
Breakfast (370 calories):
6 scrambled egg whites, 1 banana, sugar-free/skim mocha
Lunch (535 calories):
quinoa stuffed green pepper, salt & pepper kettle chips, 1 c. strawberries, red peppers
I attended four classes this past week to experience the new release in each. I attended Pump, RPM, Step, and Pilates. While I have done Flow many times, this was the first time I attended Pilates. I enjoyed all the classes and I like the new music. Track 5 in RPM is funky and the work is hard! Step is a challenging release as well! Pump is always good. My only complaint is getting the song "I Got the Moves Like Jagger" stuck in my head all week, as the song is played both in Step and RPM!!
ReplyDeleteChristine Walker
Hi Christine! Great job doing those classes! Your name will be on a list at the SWAT cafe (I'll drop off the list first thing tomorrow morning). Enjoy your shake!
DeleteI *love* track 5 in RPM - it is intense! I *hate* the song "...Moves Like Jagger" - I'm just glad it's track 1 in RPM so that it's over right away! ;-)
I also did 4 classes the past two weeks. Here is the breakdown:
ReplyDeleteFriday, April 13, Body Combat: The Jill Thompson comedy hour was back on Friday night at 5:30pm, but this time she had some more help. The latest combat release was a doozy, although I miss the leg track from the last release (and the leg track was a rock song instead of a rap song, which threw me). Still, a lot of fun and a great workout!
Saturday, April 14, Body Pump: 800 reps!?! This is a killer release for squats, shoulders, lunges, well, pretty much everything. This was my first time doing the 8:10am class on Saturday and I think it went pretty well. I am amazed the instructors can use so much weight and still talk. (BTW - I took the class again from Michelle K. Wednesday at 4:30 and she did a great job.)
Sunday, April 15, Body Attack: The current release is what I like to call the "In Your Face" release, only for a different reason than you might think. I tell the instructors (and former instructors) I like Attack because of the dance moves, to which they respond, "This is not a dance class!" This release proves that the choreographers had dancing in mind when they came up with BA76. Track 2, hello!?! Other highlights include a propulsion in Track 6 that looks like a frolicking skip if you lose the intensity. All this said, track 5 strength conditioning is a beast and the Track 9 peak might be one of the best of all time.
Friday, April 20, Body Step: Now that I am used to walking on the bench without twisting my ankle, Body Step might be my favorite class (sorry Body Attack). I seem to work harder and sweat more in this class than any other. Julie L. is inspirational on stage because I swear she lifts her knees higher than her head on the over the bench moves. I got to take the class again on Saturday from Marta, who turned this one into a SuperStep class by having us do the interval track AND the alternate track (speed step?) that morning. It was a killer.
Great job, hubby! Although, I may disown you for replacing Attack as your favorite class. Your name will be on the free shake list at the cafe - enjoy! (Make sure you get your shake when you DON'T have our kids with you - they'll steal it!)
Delete