I have known Jill for a couple years now; she's another 5:30 am Body Attacker. She has gotten back to her pre-baby shape so quickly, and she's back to doing all the high options in class!! She is a working mom who is dedicated to her family and to fitness. Plus, she's one of the nicest people at the gym!
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am married with 2 children, originally from Jackson and now living in Mattawan. I work as a sales analyst for Thermo Fisher Scientific. I love spending time with family and friends, working out, camping, and pretty much any outdoor activity.
What is your usual weekly workout routine?
Mon: ~20 minute run before 6:00 am Body Pump
Tues: 5:30 am RPM
Wed: ~20 minute run before 6:00 am Body Pump
Thurs: 5:30 am Body Attack
Fri: ~20 minute run before 6:00 am Body Pump
Sat: Rest
Sun: Body Attack/Pump combo class
What are your go-to snacks and meals?
I usually have yogurt, a pita with Laughing Cow cheese, string cheese, or almonds for snacks during the week.
How do you balance being active with the demands of your daily life?
The key for me is getting my workouts in before the workday so I can spend my evenings with my family.
What is a fitness or healthy living goal you have for yourself?
I had my baby girl on New Year’s Eve, so I am focusing on getting back to my pre-baby self (if that’s possible!) right now. I am also trying to make healthier eating choices. In the past I just ate whatever I wanted because I knew I was working out and it didn’t affect me, but I want to be more conscious of what I’m putting in my body. I just started drinking shakes from Visalus to help with getting proper daily nutrition.
What do you like about being a member at SWAT?
The group fitness classes are the best part about SWAT! It’s so much easier to make it to the gym when you know that there are 15 other people there doing the same thing – especially at 5:30 am! The instructors are great too – always motivating!
What is your favorite class at SWAT? Why?
Hands down, Body Attack. It is challenging and fun at the same time. It never gets easy and I am constantly pushing myself.
Do you have a person who is your healthy living/fitness inspiration? Who and why?
I just want to set a good, healthy example for my kids. I want them to grow up in an ‘active’ family environment with the hope that they adopt the same lifestyle when they get older.
Great job, Jill. It's such a balancing act when you have kids and work.. And it's easy to make excuses or put yourself last. I find I'm a better mom, wife & batter at work when I'm taking care of my health and staying fit.
ReplyDeleteBetter at work..ha ha. Didn't sleep much last night
Delete